What is the Hooch?
The Head of the Hooch is the nation’s second largest fall regatta
- All adult and para ARC members are required to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours at the annual Head of the Hooch regatta
- Head of the Hooch is the Atlanta Rowing Club’s primary fundraising event.
- We are celebrating 12th Anniversary of the Head of the Hooch in Chattanooga, TN.
Where can I volunteer?
- Volunteering opportunities begin on Thursday before the regatta weekend and ends on Monday, November 7, 2016
- All job positions will be a “sign-up application”. Once your application for a volunteer position has been approved, only then do you have it. This helps to ensure rower-experience volunteers are used in critical positions at the regatta.
- Example volunteering positions include:
- Site set up on Thursday and Friday
- Launch/Recovery assistance
- Referee launch driving
- Merchandise sales
- Adaptive/para launch driving and ambassadors
Double Hours Volunteer Jobs
The following jobs count for ARC “double hours” (work 3 hours, get 6 hours credit):
- Parking Jobs
- Venue Set-up
- Merchandise Set-up
- Merchandise Take-down
Any Hooch Volunteer Hours over 6 counts towards ARC Volunteer Maintenance Hours.
VOLUNTEER JOBS BY DAY:
VOLUNTEER JOBS BY AREA JOBS:
What do I get for volunteering?
- Volunteers get a free Head of the Hooch t-shirt for their service.
- There will be a courtesy volunteer hospitality tent this year where volunteers can rest and find refreshments.
- Lunch will be provided in courtesy tent.
- Any Hooch volunteer hours, over your required 6 hours, can be credited towards ARC maintenance hours.
How do I sign up?
- Volunteer position registration will be on Regatta Central. Click the GREEN BUTTON to go to volunteer registration page. Volunteer Registration will begin Oct 1, 2016 @ 3:01am.
Steps for Registration
- Once you click the above GREEN BUTTON, please review the available volunteer opportunities. The opportunities are grouped by each day, as well as by general type of task (working in the merchandise tent, working on the docks, driving the launches, etc).
- Click on each job to view information about the job – including job description, time frames available.
- Find the job(s) you would like to volunteer for
- choose “Add to Cart” (with default Quantity of ’1′) for each.
- Proceed to “Checkout” (via the shopping cart icon on the screen).
- You will be prompted to create an account, along with some other information (size for volunteer shirt, emergency contact information.)
To learn more about Head Of The Hooch Regatta and volunteering for this event, please visit http://headofthehooch.org/volunteering/